Residence of James Houston, a member of the Town Council.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Corner view of two storey brick house with attic windows and wrap around verandah. Set on bare lot with hydro poles and no landscaping giving the impression of having been newly built.
- Built 1905. 114 Main Street East. Built for James Houston, he lived here until his death in 1943 and his wife continued to live here until 1953. It was purchased by L. R. McKersie and J. M. Thatcher for use as a funeral home. It has recently been extended in keeping with the original design. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". For further information see "Historic Homes and Buildings of Milton, Vol. II".
- Date of Original
- 10 3/4 cm. x 6 1/4 cm.
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.51681 Longitude: -79.88294
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright © Milton Historical Society. All rights reserved.
- Milton Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
16 James St.,